If You Or A Loved One Were Injured In A Personal Injury Accident, You May Be Entitled To Recover Money or Compensation From A Chicago Personal Injury Lawsuit or Personal Injury Settlement.
A team of personal injury lawyers and attorneys is investigating potential Illinois and Chicago personal injury lawsuit cases and personal injury settlement claims of individuals and families who have suffered personal injuries as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of others in Chicago or Illinois. If you have been injured in an accident in Chicago or Illinois, you may be able to recover money from a personal injury lawsuit case or settlement claim to compensate you for the loss you suffered.
Recover Money From A Personal Injury Lawsuit Case Or Personal Injury Settlement Claim. Get Compensated For Injuries and Damages Sustained.
A personal injury plaintiff (the person who brings a personal injury lawsuit) can, if successful in establishing liability, generally recover the amount of money that will reasonably and fairly compensate him or her for damages proximately caused by the negligence or wrongful conduct of a defendant (the person or entity sued), taking into consideration the nature, extent and duration of the injury sustained and the aggravation of any pre-existing ailment or condition.
Such recoverable damages from a personal injury lawsuit or personal injury settlement might include compensation for:
- Disfigurement resulting from the injury;
- The disability experienced and reasonably certain to be experienced in the future;
- Loss of normal life experienced and reasonably certain to be experienced in the future (that is, the temporary or permanent diminished ability to enjoy life and inability to pursue pleasurable aspects of life);
- The increased risk of future harm resulting from an injury or condition;
- Shortened life expectancy;
- The pain and suffering experienced and reasonably certain to be experienced in the future as a result of the injuries;
- The emotional distress experienced and reasonably certain to be experienced in the future;
- Medical expenses (that is, the reasonable expense of necessary medical care, treatment, and services received and the present cash value of the reasonable expenses of medical care, treatment and services reasonably certain to be received in the future);
- The loss of earnings or profits (that is, the value of time, earnings, profits, salaries or benefits lost and the present cash value of the same reasonably certain to be lost in the future;
- Caretaking expenses or the reasonable expense of necessary help and the present cash value of such expense reasonably certain to be required in the future; and or
- Property damage.
In certain circumstances involving fraudulent, intentional or willful and wanton conduct by the defendant, punitive damages may be recovered in a personal injury lawsuit by the injured party in an amount sufficient to punish and discourage others from similar conduct.
In a successful wrongful death lawsuit, family members (spouse or next-of-kin children) of the deceased victim are generally entitled to recover the amount of money that will reasonably and fairly compensate them for the pecuniary loss (that is, the loss of money, benefits, goods, services and society) resulting from the death of the decedent.
Request A Free Confidential Review Of Your Potential Personal Injury Lawsuit Case Or Settlement Claim
Chicago personal injury lawsuit cases and settlement claims potentially being investigated by Chicago personal injury lawyers and attorneys, include the following types of personal injury lawsuits and settlements, among others:
- Car accident lawsuit or auto accident settlement
- Medical malpractice lawsuit or med mal settlement
- Workers compensation lawsuit or workers comp settlement
- Slip and fall lawsuit or settlement
- Wrongful death lawsuit or settlement
- Birth injury lawsuit or settlement
- Other Illinois or Chicago personal injury lawsuit cases or settlement claims
If You Have Been Injured, You May Be Entitled To Recover Money or Compensation From A Personal Injury Lawsuit or Settlement.
Fill Out The Form On The Right To Request A Free Personal Injury Lawsuit Case Review.