Medical Malpractice Cases: Common Types Of Med Mal Cases
Medical malpractice cases can arise out of all sorts of situations where the medical treatment and healthcare services provided by a doctor, physician, medical professional, hospital or other healthcare provider deviates from generally accepted standards of medical practice or medical care (i.e., acts negligently) causing injury to a patient.
There are many different types of medical malpractice cases. Some of the more common types of medical malpractice cases that are potentially being investigated by medical malpractice attorneys and lawyers in Chicago and throughout Illinois, include the following kinds of medical malpractice cases, among others:
- Misdiagnosis of disease or illness (failure to properly diagnose or delayed diagnosis)
- Mistreatment of medical condition or problem (failure to properly treat or delayed treatment)
- Surgical errors (improperly performing surgery or performing uncalled for procedure)
- Anesthesia errors
- Medication & prescription drug errors (prescribing wrong medicine or incorrect amount)
- Radiology errors (misread X-rays, ultrasounds and slides)
- Child birth injury case (birth defects)
- Lack of informed consent
- Emergency room ER errors
- Patient abandonment
- Other types of medical malpractice
These are only examples of some of the more common types of medical malpractice cases. Medical malpractice cases can vary depending on, for example, the type of care or treatment that was provided, the type of health care provider who provided the medical services and who may be liable for medical malpractice, and the type of medical negligence at issue.
If you have been injured due to the medical negligence of a doctor, physician, medical professional, hospital or other healthcare provider in Chicago or Illinois, a Chicago medical malpractice lawyer or Illinois med mal attorney may be able to help you recover money in medical malpractice lawsuit or settlement to compensate you for your medical malpractice injury.
What Kind of Medical Malpractice Case Do You Have?
Fill Out The Form On The Right To Request A Free Review By A Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer.